The Frontlines of Peace
An Insider's Guide to Changing the World
At turns surprising, funny, and gut-wrenching, this is the hopeful story of the ordinary yet extraordinary people who have figured out how to build lasting peace in their communities.
- Shortlisted for the 2022 Book of the Year Prize, Conflict Research Society
Conflict Resolution and the Everyday Politics of International Intervention
Peaceland suggests a new explanation for why international peace interventions often fail to reach their full potential.
- Winner of the 2016 Best Book of the Year Award, International Studies Association
- Winner of the 2015 Yale H. Ferguson Award, International Studies Association – Northeast
- Honorable mention, 2015 Book of the Year Prize, Conflict Research Society
- Honorable mention, 2015 Chadwick F. Alger Prize, International Studies Association
- Honorable mention, 2014 Book of the Year, African Arguments
The Trouble with the Congo
Local Violence and the Failure of International Peacebuilding
The Trouble with the Congo suggests a new explanation for international peacebuilding failures in civil wars.