I am an experienced commentator and media contributor, covering subjects related to war, peace, and the Congolese conflict. This section contains some highlights from my media work.
World Affairs, NPR, USA
Washington Forum, Voice of America, USA
(October 2016) (French)
I welcome inquiries for interviews and comments on peace and peacebuilding, especially concerning conflict-resolution, peacekeeping, international aid, or the current situation in the Democratic Republic of Congo. I look forward to hearing from you!
I have written articles and op-eds, and have been interviewed for and quoted in a range of media outlets and publications.
Columns and op-eds
Interviews and Q&As
- “Negotiating Peace the Same Old Way Doesn’t Work. Here is What Does,” Monkey Cage, The Washington Post, USA (March 2021)
- * Dari translation: “مذاکرات صلح به شیوه قدیمی موثر نیست، اما بدیل چیست؟,” روزنامه هشت صبح, Afghanistan (March 2021)
- “There’s Another Way to Build Peace. And It Doesn’t Come from the Top Down,” Monkey Cage, The Washington Post, USA (October 2018)
- “Three Flawed Ideas Are Hurting International Peacebuilding,” Monkey Cage, The Washington Post, USA (March 2017)
- “Here’s What Congo Can Teach the World About Peace,” Monkey Cage, The Washington Post, USA (October 2016)
- “Trouble in Peaceland,” Foreign Policy, USA (October 2015)
- “The Everyday Politics of International Intervention,” Monkey Cage, The Washington Post, USA (June 2014)
- “Peacebuilding From the Inside,” Room for Debate, The New York Times, USA (November 2012)
- “The Continuing Trouble with the Congo,” African Arguments, UK (August 2012)
- “The Only Way to Help Congo,” International Herald Tribune, USA (June 2012)